Monday, October 13, 2008

Diva on a Diet?




Dieting has always seemed like a silly thing to me. Women will binge, go on water diets, become a vegan, go on the Beyonce diet, or just stop eating all together just to lose weight. I'm not an extremist so I would definitely lose interest in an "all water" diet fast. However, I fancy living out every new idea that crosses my path. This is one of them...

[Disclaimer: my goal is not to lose weight, just to tone up and loose a few inches.]

Well, I can safely say that I've never gone on a real diet but I'm considering trying
this one by Special K. I found it yesterday while I was randomly perusing the internet. What a novel idea! It's a food plan similar to Jenny Craig minus all the expensive menu items.

A couple of my girlfriends are looking to shed some unwanted pounds so we've made a pact to start this diet together and work out. Yay! Goooo team! :)


Our start date: Mon, Nov. 3rd.



(Until then I will be pigging out on just about everything! I'm traveling to North Carolina next week so I plan on stocking up on all the downsouth goodies I can handle, i.e. biscuits, sweet tea, and fried chicken.)

I love working out however, an injury I suffered back in June which I talked about in
this blog, has me operating at 85%. I'm healed, but as many of you former athletes know, injuries never fully go away. Tragic! I guess my dreams of being a back up dancer for Janet are crushed!

The good thing about getting back in the gym on a regular basis will be updating my i-pod with the latest jams. I'm taking suggestions for great workout songs....let me know your favorites!!

And you know what...this could be an excuse to bust out some new workout gear. New gear could generate a lil' motivation in the Crossy camp.

I'll keep you posted on my progress...

Stay Fit & Stay Classy -
Crossy ;)

2 comments:

Tania said...

Good luck! I have never dieted but I sure do need to tone up.

Crossy said...

Thanks! I've already started to hit the gym more often so i'm seeing results already without the diet...