Wednesday, November 19, 2008
I know I said I'd get back to y'all on Monday, but here we are at the end of business on Wednesday and I am just now logging into my blogger account. Shame on me. I know. However, I have something called a j-o-b. If you're unfamiliar consult Webster's Dictionary.
At any rate, i'm so tired that I couldn't even think of a title for this blog. Therefore, "untitled" seemed fitting.
Today was a big day for me. I got my braces off! Whoo-hoo! Now, this is not the first time I've worn braces. I had them back when I was 15...and then lost my retainer a gazillion times throughout college. Thus, creating spaces that I would eventually have to get fixed. Well, now -- they're fixed! LOL
*take a picture, click click!*
Other than that... I had the busiest day ever!!! I didn't eat lunch today until like 4pm! My goodness...
Hopefully I will have time to post something wonderful and insightful for y'all tomorrow. Until then, stay classy!
Friday, November 14, 2008
- Our boy, President-elect Barack Obama will be doing his first post-election interview on 60 minutes this Sunday at 7pm ET.
- Two great NBA games tonight - Nuggets vs. Celtics and the Lakers host A.I and the Detroit Pistons. *Special note: Kobe is 3pts shy of tieing Larry Bird's all-time scoring record.
I'll holler at you beautiful people Monday. Enjoy the weekend!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
The Lakers are joined by the Atlanta Hawks at touting a pristine 6-0 record. In each of those wins, L.A has held its opponent to under 100 points. If L.A can do the same tonight, they will surely be 7-0.
Here are some points to consider in tonight's matchup:
- Trevor Ariza: Have I mentioned this guy lately? lol Well, the Lakers bench is one reason the team has been so successful. Late in the Mavs-Lakers game Tuesday, Ariza blocked Stackhouse as he was pulling up for a three that would have gave the Mavericks a one point lead. Ariza is starting to make L.Odom look less and less valuable.
- Paul is Potent: Offensively, Chris Paul is vicious. Therefore, the Lakers D' has got to be consistent and strong early on. Jordan Farmar and Fisher will be trading off on defending Paul. They struggled guarding J.Kidd Tuesday who managed to put up a triple-double. However, he also had five turnovers. Did I mention, CP3 has put up at least 20pts/10 asst in all six games this season? He's gaining on Jordan who holds the record for 10 straight games of 20pts/10 assts. Don't worry, we'll end that streak tonight.
- Kobe in the 4th: Kobe Bryant is like late breaking news. When he strikes, everyone scrambles. I'm glad the Mamba hasn't had to play as many minutes. But when he steps on the court in the 4th -- It's over. Ariza and Jordan Farmar have stepped up, while Derek Fisher and Radmanovic have yet to impress the masses.
- Bynum vs. Gasol: As excited as I was for Andrew Bynum to return to the lakeshow, I'm still not blown away by his performance thus far. Will he ever be as good as Pau Gasol? Let's hope he turns it up a notch tonight! He just inked a hefty contract of $58 million. Um, check please! Oh yeah, watch for Gasol to throw some bows in the post tonight.
Pick: L.A Lakers (Who else?)
Last words? We're taking the bzzzzzz out of those bees in the Bayou...
Hopefully, we'll wake up tomorrow to two unbeaten teams. I hope ATL's Mike Bibby makes it rain on the C's tonight. Enjoy the games!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Here's a breakdown of common Libra traits:
On the Good Side
Romantic (for the right person, true)
Talented (America's next top...)
Poised (I'm always classy)
Easygoing (i'm cool as a fan on high)
Peaceable (can't we all just get along?)
On the Bad Side:
Indecisive (I'm not sure, lol)
Gullible (I'm gonna go ahead and say false)
Easily influenced (depends)
Flirtatious (I'm not going to confirm or deny that)
Self-indulgent (Who isn't? ;) )
Procrastinator (that's a bad thing? lol)
Discouraged easily (see "Diva on a Diet" post lol)
It's funny because I've read that most Libra's do well in the arts and entertainment fields. We also make good writers, lawyers, and designers. Hmm. I guess I'm living the dream... ;)
Oh yeah, and no horoscope would be complete without knowing who your compatible sign is...
Allegedly my compatible sign is GEMINI. Hmmm. Other compatible signs include: Aquarius (because of our mutual love of society, beauty and people), Scorpio, Pisces and Leo. My worst match is VIRGO.
Funny, all of my exes just happen to be LIBRA's.
I'll let y'all marinate on that...
Monday, November 10, 2008
If you're a sports fan, turning on ESPN or visiting ESPN.com is a part of your daily ritual. As many of you know, I love the NBA. Specifically, the Lakers. At the end of September I wrote a Lakers Preview post. In it, I talked about how Andrew Bynum's return was huge, and why everyone should watch out for Trevor Ariza this season.
Was I right?
Survey saaaaaaaaaaaaaaays? (*DING*) Yes.
I stumbled across NBA analyst J.A. Adande's article about Trevor Ariza today. Adande writes, "Trevor Ariza might be a stealth player, but he's showing up exactly where L.A needs him this season." Click here for the entire article. It's a good read.
I mean, if the expert (Adande) agrees with me then that just co-signs my point! Now, I won't name any names, but a few of my buddies disagreed with my Ariza observation. I mean truth be told the dude is explosive in a hush-hush kinda way. He adds energy, athleticism, and for lack of a better word: a body. When he's on the floor he literally blends in. However, as J.A wisely pointed out -- you can't miss em in the stat sheet!
Did I mention the Lakeshow is STILL undefeated...?
*Ahem* I rest my case...
Friday, November 7, 2008
If some of you recall, I wrote a blog titled "Diva on a Diet" back on October 13th. I was anxious to try the Special K diet that I had heard so much about.
I started the diet on November 3rd and ended the diet on November 5th. I lasted 2 DAYS!!!!
Let's just saying dieting is NOT for me. I don't see how people do it. Seriously, I'm just gonna put it out there --I love food! hahaha Now, by no means am I a size 12 (no offense to anyone who is) but I was simply looking to shed a pound or two. Is that even significant? No. But look, that's not the point, okay!
The one thing I took away from the Special K diet was better eating habits. Those of you who are not familiar with the diet should know that it encourages you to eat an unlimited amount of fruits and veggies in between meals. This is one piece of advice I will carry with me.
I guess all is not lost...
I learned dieting is for the birds. It's all about eating right.
You heard it here first! The truth is never classified!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
My heartbeat went from zero to 60 in a matter of seconds when I saw the words:
CNN projects: BARACK OBAMA IS PRESIDENT!
What?! No? Yes! Oh my GOD! We did it!
Wait... flip to FoxNews to make sure...
OK! Great, FoxNews projects him as the winner too!
So many parts of me wanted to run laps around the world until I passed out, but after belting out a few good yells all I could do was stand there in awe.
Dude, this is really happening.
Even though it was a semi-warm autumn evening, I had chills man, chills.
Not only do we have a Black president, but he is the right president. He is the face of change. He is the voice of reason. He is an ambassador for Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, disabled, non-disabled...you heard the speech! We are the United States of America! I never fully understood the meaning of "united" until today.
What a proud moment.
What an historic feat.
From fantasy to reality. From the Cosby's to the Obama's. Our dreams have unfolded right before our eyes. Contrary to popular belief, Barack Obama is not a messiah. He will not cure the hate and bigotry in this world. However, Obama's presidential victory puts a spotlight on the thought that: Anything is possible.
Here are a couple Obama nuggets I found today:
- 68% of newly registered voters voted OBAMA! And 93% of registered voters in Washington D.C. voted OBAMA! In Diddy's words -- take that, take that! :)
- Even Sherri Shepherd from ABC's The View got emotional over Obama's win.
- I'm a sentimental person. Dates, pictures, momentos -- I love them. Am I the only one who has been collecting every newspaper with Obama on the front page? Check out these frontpages from around the globe.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008