Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Since its New Years Eve, I figured I should put one last entry in the books for 08. Right now Connecticut is getting dumped with almost 7 inches of snow. Can you say, its time to cancel any thoughts of NYE plans! LOL What a buzz kill! Who wants to party in the snow? If you think people drunk driving on new years is bad, try adding snow and ice to that equation. I'll let you marinate on that.
With every new year, comes new years resolutions. Strangely I really don't have any this year. The only thing I really want to do is something different. I know that sounds vague as hell...but its exactly what I mean. I don't want to do the same things I've always done. Someone wise once said, you can't do the same things, and expect different results. So with that in mind...i'm going to do the unexpected. I'm talking Crossy 2.0. Crossy Reloaded. The Emancipation of Crossy. Hmm. That has a nice ring to it. ;) You get my point. It's time for the remix of me-me.
On the Today Show they asked people to sum up 2008 in three words so here's mine:
RIGHT ON TIME
Stay tuned for my next post where I explain, WHY 2008 was RIGHT ON TIME. I know I know, the suspense is killing you. But you'll have to wait till 2009 to get the scoop.
As always I love y'all like play cousins.
Thanks for staying classy in 08.
Happy New Year!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
It's called the Nike Zoom Kobe 4 (IV). It contains Nike's flywire technology, herringbone pattern sole, and lunar foam. Skills not included. LOL
There are three color combos of the Nike Zoom Kobe IV, and the first pair will release in January 2009. Availble in stores by February. I personally dig the white ones. What do you think?
Here's a peak:
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
One things for sure -- I am the definition of a 1,000 piece puzzle. And the missing pieces are...well, scattered on the table.
Beyonce recently performed one of my favorite songs on the Ellen DeGeneres Show.
It's called "Flaws and All." It's not on her new cd (which is horrible by the way), but I love it all the same. If you listen to the words, it might bring you close to tears. It's a beautiful song.
To you (the reader) I'm not sure why you do it, but thanks for accepting me for me.
Here's the song:
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Well not last night.
And I think this picture says it all:
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
I know I said I'd get back to y'all on Monday, but here we are at the end of business on Wednesday and I am just now logging into my blogger account. Shame on me. I know. However, I have something called a j-o-b. If you're unfamiliar consult Webster's Dictionary.
At any rate, i'm so tired that I couldn't even think of a title for this blog. Therefore, "untitled" seemed fitting.
Today was a big day for me. I got my braces off! Whoo-hoo! Now, this is not the first time I've worn braces. I had them back when I was 15...and then lost my retainer a gazillion times throughout college. Thus, creating spaces that I would eventually have to get fixed. Well, now -- they're fixed! LOL
*take a picture, click click!*
Other than that... I had the busiest day ever!!! I didn't eat lunch today until like 4pm! My goodness...
Hopefully I will have time to post something wonderful and insightful for y'all tomorrow. Until then, stay classy!
Friday, November 14, 2008
- Our boy, President-elect Barack Obama will be doing his first post-election interview on 60 minutes this Sunday at 7pm ET.
- Two great NBA games tonight - Nuggets vs. Celtics and the Lakers host A.I and the Detroit Pistons. *Special note: Kobe is 3pts shy of tieing Larry Bird's all-time scoring record.
I'll holler at you beautiful people Monday. Enjoy the weekend!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
The Lakers are joined by the Atlanta Hawks at touting a pristine 6-0 record. In each of those wins, L.A has held its opponent to under 100 points. If L.A can do the same tonight, they will surely be 7-0.
Here are some points to consider in tonight's matchup:
- Trevor Ariza: Have I mentioned this guy lately? lol Well, the Lakers bench is one reason the team has been so successful. Late in the Mavs-Lakers game Tuesday, Ariza blocked Stackhouse as he was pulling up for a three that would have gave the Mavericks a one point lead. Ariza is starting to make L.Odom look less and less valuable.
- Paul is Potent: Offensively, Chris Paul is vicious. Therefore, the Lakers D' has got to be consistent and strong early on. Jordan Farmar and Fisher will be trading off on defending Paul. They struggled guarding J.Kidd Tuesday who managed to put up a triple-double. However, he also had five turnovers. Did I mention, CP3 has put up at least 20pts/10 asst in all six games this season? He's gaining on Jordan who holds the record for 10 straight games of 20pts/10 assts. Don't worry, we'll end that streak tonight.
- Kobe in the 4th: Kobe Bryant is like late breaking news. When he strikes, everyone scrambles. I'm glad the Mamba hasn't had to play as many minutes. But when he steps on the court in the 4th -- It's over. Ariza and Jordan Farmar have stepped up, while Derek Fisher and Radmanovic have yet to impress the masses.
- Bynum vs. Gasol: As excited as I was for Andrew Bynum to return to the lakeshow, I'm still not blown away by his performance thus far. Will he ever be as good as Pau Gasol? Let's hope he turns it up a notch tonight! He just inked a hefty contract of $58 million. Um, check please! Oh yeah, watch for Gasol to throw some bows in the post tonight.
Pick: L.A Lakers (Who else?)
Last words? We're taking the bzzzzzz out of those bees in the Bayou...
Hopefully, we'll wake up tomorrow to two unbeaten teams. I hope ATL's Mike Bibby makes it rain on the C's tonight. Enjoy the games!