Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day


On Election Day Eve I was unable to sleep. I tossed and turned and on two occasions I got up and walked around and then returned to my bed. It was one of the most anxious evenings I have ever experienced. It reminded me of the night before Christmas -- a night every child loves because they can't wait to wake up and open their presents from Santa. Well, in that same light, I couldn't wait to wake up and VOTE OBAMA.
I mapquested directions to my polling location which ended up being only 4 minutes from my house. When I got there the parking lot was packed and the grass surrounding it was littered with OBAMA/BIDEN and MCCAIN/PALIN signs. As I stepped out of my car, I was bombarded with people handing me pens advertising various candidates. When I entered the door I felt like I had purpose. It was a thrilling feeling to be able to hold such a critical decision in your hands. My vote mattered.
I triple checked my ballot...and made sure everything was accurate. Not that you can really mess up filling in a bubble, but I'm just sayin'....
I'm nervous. Happy. Curious. Excited. Motivated.
And most of all......I can't wait for CHANGE to come!
As the confetti falls down on Obama and his loved ones tonight, I know his grandmother will be smilling down on him from up above too.
Decision 08....

~Crossy~

No comments: