Monday, November 10, 2008

Even the Experts Agree!




If you're a sports fan, turning on ESPN or visiting ESPN.com is a part of your daily ritual. As many of you know, I love the NBA. Specifically, the Lakers. At the end of September I wrote a Lakers Preview post. In it, I talked about how Andrew Bynum's return was huge, and why everyone should watch out for Trevor Ariza this season.


Was I right?



Survey saaaaaaaaaaaaaaays? (*DING*) Yes.


Here's why:

I stumbled across NBA analyst J.A. Adande's article about Trevor Ariza today. Adande writes, "Trevor Ariza might be a stealth player, but he's showing up exactly where L.A needs him this season." Click here for the entire article. It's a good read.

I mean, if the expert (Adande) agrees with me then that just co-signs my point! Now, I won't name any names, but a few of my buddies disagreed with my Ariza observation. I mean truth be told the dude is explosive in a hush-hush kinda way. He adds energy, athleticism, and for lack of a better word: a body. When he's on the floor he literally blends in. However, as J.A wisely pointed out -- you can't miss em in the stat sheet!

Did I mention the Lakeshow is STILL undefeated...?

*Ahem* I rest my case...

Stay Classy!

~Crossy~

5 comments:

Philadelphia Phever said...

Just stumbled across this blog man, great stuff.

Good observation on the Bynum return. I think it comes as no surprise that the Lakers would be good this year!

Keep up the good work and if you get a free moment, check out my blog. Thanks

- A disappointed Sixers fan.

Luke Williams said...

Heres the problem, Ariza is arguably the most athletic player on the Lakers roster but how does that translate into hitting clutch shots, making good decisions, playing hard on the defensive end, and making his teammates better. Ok, I know you have Kobe for most of that but other than making a few ridiculous plays each game Ariza will become irrelevant as the season wears on...Tell J.A. I said it lol! Good work Crossy!

www.myspaceiscrowded.blogspot.com

Crossy said...

Hey Philly phever...thanks for the love! I'm so glad the Lakeshow has got off to a good start.

I will definitely check out your blog! I'd love to hear what you have to say about the sixers!

Cross

Crossy said...

Luke I guarantee you that Ariza will consistently be a force to be reckoned with when he's on the floor throughout this season. His minutes are low, but his contributions are big. Everyone can't be a KOBE! He needs role players...and he's got em! Go LAKESHOW! :)

As always, thanks for the love!
Crossy

Rad said...

Another former Knick who will flourish elsewhere, this just makes me sad...thanks Crossy..haha