Tuesday, July 1, 2008

There I am...

No matter where I go, there I am.

I'm what I like to call a regional chameleon. While I won't assimilate to the norm, I somehow can vibe along with it. For a long time I hated Connecticut. I moved here from the South for my job. It was a great opportunity I couldn't pass up-- but what was I to do in a place where I had no family or friends? Needless to say, time passed and my outlook is slightly different now.

Why does the grass always seem greener on the other side? Have you ever thought to yourself....

Man, If I lived in [input your favorite city] I'd be more happy.

One thing I took from one of my pastor's recent sermons is that no place will change your circumstances. No matter where you go, the same issues follow you there. Or even worse, new issues will appear. Running away from your problems is not the answer to solving them. You've got to look inside yourself and really ask yourself, "What do I want?"

Then, pray about it.

Then, let it go.

My spiritual connection is the reason I wake up with a smile each day. It's the reason why I am a prisoner of hope. Giving up is not an option. It's a mantra I plant in anyone I speak with.

Don't let your area code define you. Be the resilient graduating senior searching for a job again. Relive your past successes. Be a champion daily. Focus on yourself, not the haters.

Smile, and know that....

No matter where you go, there you are.

No comments: