Monday, August 11, 2008

Bounce Back

*Let's up the blinds*

So this is what a hiatus feels like.


Hmm. It's almost been a MONTH since my last post. I've officially treated my blog as though it were the middle child, or a red-headed step child. It's not that I forgot I had a blog, it's just I've been busy beyond belief. If I had one wish right now, it would be to add 4 hours of daylight to each day. Why not have a 28 hour day? That would make life easier. Needless to say, I've had a lot on my mind, so expect my blog posts to pick up over the next few weeks.

Here's the Latest and Greatest in my world...


Sis is Bliss
My little sister is coming to visit this weekend. She has an opportunity to work for Tommy Hilfiger in New York City. She holds a bachelor's degree in marketing and is currently in Fashion school. The girl is fierce. Her interview is Monday so please keep her in your prayers.

Need an upgrade?
Two things have been upgraded since the last time I wrote. My car and my job. On July 23rd, I purchased a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe. I am literally in love with this car. If you've been following my posts, I talked about the accident I was involved in back in June. It left my previous car which was only a year old - TOTALED. [insert tears] I'm not sure if you name your car, but I am a big fan of giving a name to the vehicle's I own. My last car's name was Carter. My new coupe's name is Boss. It was only appropriate. ;)

The j-o-b
My role at my job [name is left out due to the interesting blogging policy we now have] has changed significantly. In an effort not to bore you, I won't get into all the details...but I'm excited to say that I was offered a promotion. It's a great feeling when you work hard at something and are rewarded for your work. It's not something a lot of people can attest to. I am completely blessed and thankful that I've come to a point where I'm starting to feel like I have a sense of purpose. It's an amazing feeling to know what you want, and get it. I just hope this hitting streak continues. I'm going for Barry Bonds' numbers. I think this one's out of the park....

My Theme
Theme's are so necessary. They set the tone for a week, an event, a year, a party...anything! My theme for this week is: Be the Change you want to See.


Questions on my Mind

Why does Sen. John McCain sound like he sucked the helium out of a balloon everytime he speaks?

Does anyone care about Brett Favre?

Why did Isaac Hayes and Bernie Mac have to die?

Are we there yet?

Is New York still the Big Apple?

Is gas going to continue to go down?

How did TomKat (Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes) go from jumping on Oprah's couch to splitsville w/his boo?

Are Kobe Bryant, Lebron James and other NBA greats really going overseas to play ball?


Til' next time,
Stay Classy. Crossy.

No comments: