Saturday, July 5, 2008

Food for Thought

I was sitting at my desk today, dying of thirstation [yes, I said thirstation] when I finally got a moment to dip into the cafe. After perusing four shelves worth of drinks I finally picked out an Honest Ade. If you've never tried Honest Ade, it's actually really refreshing. My favorite flavor is Pomegranate Blue, so I chose that one.

Before I could even take my seat at my desk again, I was over half way finished with my drink. My drink was just low enough in the bottle to reveal the inside label which had a quote on it. It read:

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time."
- Leonard Bernstein

This is so true. Some of my best work has been done under pressure and in record time! Adrenaline can make you perform like MJ or Tiger in the heat of things. The most important part of this quote is that you first need a plan. Do you have a plan? Do you plan to have a plan? No pressure, just asking. I know I have a plan, however I don't feel like time is a factor in achieving it. The only thing time can do for people where I work is make them comfortable. What if you woke up tomorrow and found out you were going to lose your job? How would you react then? Would the news change up your stride?

For me, just seeing this quote has definitely changed my trot. It tells me that time is a factor in achieving my plan no matter how much I think it isn't.

Just a little food for thought...are you full yet?

1 comment:

The Addict said...

That quote is so true! At times, it's the story of my life...